Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Week 6: the field!



7-20-15
What?!?! I´m not in the CCM anymore! Soooo crazy! I am sitting in my mission president´s house right now, we finished training pretty early so we have a lot of free time right now. It is super weird to have free time and to be just sitting around talking. 

I am soooo excited to be here though. I cannot wait to teach real people and be surrounded by the Mexican culture. The day before we left, there was mexican music playing outside the walls and I was sooo happy and excited.

It was suuuuuper hard for me to say goodbye to my teachers, especially Hermana Vergara. I cried for like 3 nights in class....haha. We were sooo connected in our hearts. Seriously. I have never been like that with anyone else. She has genuinely changed my life!

I don´t have a ton of time on the computers today so I probably wont be able to write anyone else and Im so sorry! I will have a lot more time next week! 

I LOVE THE MISSION PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE. When they picked us up at the CCM, they walked through the door and my stomach dropped. I instantly loved them. They love me and they love life. It is soooo great and I am so excited to serve with them. They are so fun and energetic! It is just what I need! They make me so excited to serve! The sad thing is that we wont be able to spend the night at their house tonight and go to transfers tomorrow...we are going with our new companions tonight and moving into our apartments tonight! It is so crazy! They are just throwing us in here!

There are a lot of Natives that came with us to the mission home from the CCM with us and I was talking to a ton of them....IN SPANISH. I can have conversations! It is crazy how far I have come. It is crazy to think that I will be teaching real lessons tomorrow and might even have a baptism this weekend. 

I couldn't be more happy to be here. I really couldn't. I love it and I love being a missionary.

I love you all!! Read the scriptures!

Hermana Garner

 My district before leaving the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment