Friday, June 17, 2016

6/6/16 - Obedience brings blessings


HOLA!

I hope this week was great for everyone! we saw a ton of success this week and we couldn't be happier!

first things first, we have 2 investigators that are progressing! one of them is named Jason/Ruben...we don't really know which one to call him but he is from Honduras! He was the other hermanas investigator but he moved into our area! So he was kind of just given to us! And the other one, his name is Nico, from Mexico and lives down in La Marque Texas, the new part of our area. he was a referral from a member here, the other hermanas taught him once and now we have him because he is in our area. This week I was having a hard time believing that we actually deserve these people because they were just kind of dropped in, but then my STL explained to me that we deserve them because of the hard work we have done and that is how the Lord works. So I am now a believer! Both of them have baptismal dates, I hope I am still in Kemah when they get baptized next transfer! I think I will.

This week was crazy, I had a triple exchange! Hermana Hughes went to the temple with one of her converts from her last area with her old companion. So I had Hermana Callister one night/day and then Hermana Whitehead for another night/day! I love both of them TONS so it was fun to have "sleepovers" with them. they taught me a lot and gave me a lot of encouragement and compliments on how our area is doing! it was super fun and I was happy that Hermana Hughes got to experience going to the temple with her first convert.....there is no better feeling!

On Friday, we had our lesson with Yosdel and we brought a cute mom, RM (returned missionary), Hermana Moreno from the branch with us. We were planning on talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism...) but we just talked about baptism the whole entire time! Yosdel had a lot of questions and Hermana Moreno KILLED IT. there was one point where Hermana Moreno was explaining something and after Yosdel was like "I understand really well what you are saying. You are really good at explaining things!" the power of members is real. seriously, go out with the missionaries!!! investigators need it! a lot! but in that lesson we were on exchanges so I was with Hermana Whitehead. we seriously had the gift of tongues in that lesson, no doubt. I was flipping through the Book of Mormon looking for something to show Yosdel and 3 Nephi 11 when Christ explains to us how to be baptized popped up and I felt like I needed to read it to her for her to understand better. She finally understood it! When we taught her before she moved she didn't get it at all. After she understood, I asked her to be baptized and she said "I will, but not right now" sadly, she doesn't feel prepared but that's okay. she might not be but we will keep working with her and helping her. we love her so much! keep her in your prayers!

it has rained CATS AND DOGS this week. holy guacamole. I have about 3 pairs of shoes that are still drying from the rain this week that I haven't been able to wear.....haha. rain has its pros and cons. pros because we get to fall asleep to it and study to it but cons because we cant bike/find people/teach men outside. the sun came out this morning so hopefully it is done! we never know the weather everyday so we just kind of guess!

We had an awesome Sunday, Nico (Hermano Vidana from last week’s letter) came to church with his little daughter and loved it. A family from Texas City came with a member and I talked to them and the dad isn't a member! during Sacrament meeting I was thinking about how we should have a Family Night with them soon with the member family. After church, the member dad came up to me and asked if we wanted to do a family night with them tomorrow at their house. prayers answered! we are going over tonight and we are soooo excited about teaching a family! they seem very open and ready to learn! cant wait to see them united together forever someday! also, sunday was fast sunday which means all and I mean ALL Hispanics get up and give their testimony. they are such examples to me! I took notes on every single one, including my recent convert/rockstar Oscar and his beautiful wife la Hermana Peralta. they are both great and still my parents here in the mission! Also, one of my favorite kids gave their testimony in Spanish and just repeated over and over that God loves me. I loved it.

We are finding a lot more people and more members are finally coming out with us. We are seeing more success in the area finally! It has been a long time since our numbers were so high and most importantly, the people we are bringing unto Christ. We talked to A TON of people this week that didn't want to talk to us but we planted a seed. We met 2 ladies yesterday who both don't have a specific religion but they said they are coming to church this Sunday to learn more about ours. It doesn't matter if they convert. Yes our purpose is baptism, but we plant seeds along the way as well. This week, do better to plant seeds in people's hearts!

This week I hit my half-way mark. 9 more months and they will just fly! I realized yesterday that I just LOVE what I am doing. For people that know me, they know that I am such a people-person...I LOVE people. I love visiting them, helping them, reading the Book of Mormon with them, listening to them, watching their faces light up when they feel the Spirit and bringing them closer to Christ. I LOVE this work and I never want to stop. I don't want to go home! My goal is to make every single day count for the next 9 months, I don't want to take anything for granted....I cant! I love the Lord and love the love He has for every single one of our brothers and sisters. We are all working together in this life. It is SOO hard sometimes and sometimes we cant see the light at the end of the tunnel, but with Christ, it is there. I promise! Keep pushing and never forget to pray to Heavenly Father and thank him for all of the blessings we have and sometimes we take for granted. LOVE YOU ALL!

ponderizing (studying) this week: Alma 37:36-37 (Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever. Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

study it with me!

Love....Hermana Garner

Cutest dog right? we were petting it but the next thing I knew I stepped in a little town of fire ants and my foot was COVERED with them.
Add caption

hahahaha kind of dumb pictures, but it shows that we have A TON of fun together. always laughing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment