Sunday, December 13, 2015

next steps!

Hello!

A lot of people have been asking me what my plans are with my mission, school, my life in general. The last post, I had made the decision that I was going to go back to a state-side mission! Well, since then a lot has happened! After I made that decision, I set up an appointment with the stake president and it was all ready to go! Until I threw up 3 times the day before. I was so close! So we cancelled and decided to wait a little longer until I returned to the mission field. 

Today, it has been a month since I last threw up. YAY! It has been a month of ups and downs, but mostly ups; which is the most important thing. I wanted to give my body a chance to heal so that I could be a healthy missionary again! Because that is honestly all I want right now. Just to be a missionary! And because I still have that desire, these past 2 weeks I have been on a "missionary schedule". I have gotten up early in the morning, exercised, read and studied my scriptures and been on my feet the whole day. I have tried to just keep being busy because on a mission, there is no down time! I wanted to do this to see if my stomach would feel the same/normal...and it DID! I couldn't be more happy about this! I have met the most fantastic people that have helped me more than I could ever imagine. I have truly seen the blessings of service on my mission and now I am putting them into practice here in Missouri. 

So for the exciting news, I have set up an appointment with the Stake President again, hoping that I can go out soon. I still want to serve a state-side mission! I am guessing I will leave again in January. I don't know for sure, but that is what I'm thinking. I'm hoping at least. I want to get out on a mission sooooooon!

Again, thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers always sent my way. This has been a tough yet rewarding journey for me. I have learned more than I ever thought I could, I have grown so much closer to the Savior, I have learned so much about myself and most importantly the Lord. I have cried a lot and wished that I could not be having this trial, but I know it has helped me more than I think. Relying on the Lord is a hard thing, but He has a plan for all of us. We need to trust him!

Hopefully the next post I post is news about my mission call! I can't wait!

Again, thank you for all of the comfort and support I receive from you all. I couldn't have done this without you! 

Megan Garner



1 comment:

  1. Megan (Hermana Garner!), I have to hold back tears, thinking about all the faith and courage that are embedded in your posting from yesterday. I have so much faith in the young people of your generation. In my mind and heart I already see the reins of responsibility for carrying forward the kingdom of God, right there in your hands. And I am so at peace with that. We love you so much. We love your heart, we love your righteous and pure desires. God bless you as you press forward. Our prayers for you and your family to enjoy a deep, heartfelt and Savior-centered Christmas. You are so much in our hearts. Love, Fred and Robyn (the Axelgards)

    ReplyDelete